Monday, October 1, 2012

Plated Desserts

This past week, we were finishing out cake practical and making some plated desserts are well as sauces.

 Sauces are quite easy to make, But there are many different uses for them... as I found out in a demo. You can add thickeners,  then freeze it to make a shape, and when it defrosts on the plate it will hold it's shape.

I enjoyed finding out some of the many ways to use different ingredients

 The plated dessert I did was a passion fruit and lemon frozen souffle. The second I pulled the souffle out of the freeze it started melting since it was so hot outside. The picture showed the souffle on the bottom and that caused all kinds of problems actually, since everything just slid around on the plate while it was melting.

Overall I think that it would have been better to have a different shape (Like in my own) or placed it in a different spot on the plate. like on the top.

Perhaps like:

tuile - cylinder filled with custard on the bottom, sweet paste cookie on top of that, pipped creme fraishe,(?)  then the souffle on top of that, with maybe a sprig of mint or something leafy.

The cake practical went well, I though the flavours of my cake wouldn't have went together as well as they did, but the flavours and the colours went together well, the only thing it lacked was on the outside, and that was the decoration.

It was simply, too simple. But I feel like I did well.

No comments:

Post a Comment